Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Vintage coral

My family came out to visit a few weeks ago and my mom and brother drove out with all these fabulous pieces of coral along with many other goodies. Yes, these pieces of coral are real. One of the pieces even suffered a little damage in the trip out here, but how great is it to have all these pieces of real coral to show my son and help him to better understand the ecosystem in our oceans.

My mom has been buying old coral pieces at yard sales for years for me as I refuse to buy real coral that isn't someones trash and why would I want to buy the resin pieces when I can have really old pieces of coral that might have otherwise ended up in the trash. These pieces will not all stay on our built in china hutch, but for now at least they have a home outside of the boxes they arrived in.

No comments:

Post a Comment