Saturday, June 15, 2013

Our new house, a work in progress. The "little man's" bedroom

This is our "little man's" bedroom. This is the first room I finished, well I use that term lightly as we still aren't fully unpacked. That actually includes putting all the clothes away as I haven't even found all the clothes or even all the hangers, yes I am currently taking all the hangers stores give me with my clothing purchases. Oh the joys of moving. 


Anyhow, this is the before picture of his room. It had decent looking roman shades although they were broken. It also wasn't quite as bright or dark of a color as several other rooms were and therefore didn't require as many coats of primer. 

The "little man" picked out the paint color for his new room, Valspar sweet mint. We actually liked it enough that we painted our bathroom the same shade and now I am really loving the name of the color because we just picked out our new dog yesterday who's name is Minted, how appropriate and funny that I just realized that his room is sweet mint and he picked a dog named Minted. 

I picked up the new bedding for his room at Target as he wanted a pirate/beach room. I loved the octopus pirate pillows so that was a bit of a splurge for his new room but given the quilts from his old room worked with the new bedding it wasn't that big of a deal. The sheets from his old room will be used in his play room/kids guest room when I finally get beds in there. 

As for the blinds we took all the window treatments in the house down and ordered new natural shades with black out liners from Lowes. The black out liners will not only provide privacy and allow the rooms to be dark for sleeping in and such but should also help cut down on the need for AC which is pretty high in Florida. I will post pictures of the blinds when they come in. I will say I loved how we could borrow the window blind book to check the colors at our house, we changed our color to a slightly lighter and brighter shade when we saw them in our house with our paint colors and all.


No comments:

Post a Comment