Saturday, June 15, 2013

Our new house, a work in progress. The playroom/kids guest room.

This is the playroom/kids guest room in our new house. This room took a lot of coats of primer and a lot of patching of walls and even the door to the room. This room had writing on the wall and everything, right down to bright orange walls and bright yellow trim. What a project this room was. Oh lets not forget the disgusting dark blue carpet, thankfully that was covering up a terrazzo floor. The terrazzo does need some serious work but as it is currently just being used as a playroom I figured that can wait a bit.

Our "little man" also picked out the color for his playroom, ok he really picked out 2 colors for his bedroom so I decided to put one color in each room. This room is Valspar Summer Breeze and we loved this color so much we painted our bedroom the same color. I know the room looks pretty good in this picture, but the terrazzo still has more adhesive to be removed and it has pits in areas of it and it has a rough area where it meets up with the tile in the hallway so there is still a ways to go, but it has definitely come a long ways already. I am really happy with how far this room has come in the short time we have owned this house, oh the joys of a fixer upper. I should say for those of you who are debating buying a fixer upper please really think about what you are getting yourself into and what level of time and skill you have. Also realize it will cost more and take more time than you expect, but that being said if you are confident this is a good path for you to go down remember that in the end you will have a house that really suits you.

Here is the glorious before picture. I will admit this room kind of scared me as far as just how much work needed to be done to it, but it is now in such a better place that I don't cringe when I go in the room because I know how much work needs to be done. Now I cringe for a whole other reason, the mess all over the room.  :-) I guess that is all "kids" rooms though, you just never know what kind of mess you will find in their rooms when you enter that door. In his defense though as you can see there really is nothing for him to store or put most of his toys away in so I totally understand the problem in this current situation but we do need to work it out soon as we are getting a dog in just over a week and everything is fair game to a dog, at least in the dogs mind.


 


No comments:

Post a Comment