Monday, July 20, 2009

First purchases for the new house


Yesterday we walked out to an Estate Sale just up the road from our house where I found this great old Pyrex measuring cup for the new kitchen (my old one had a chip in the spout area that we have been afraid of cutting ourselves on). To make it even better I only paid $1 for it.





Then we walked out to our local Farmer's Market and in the flea market-like section we found this great old mirror covered in seashells. Some of the shells are a little broken and it is in far from perfect condition, but I love that about this mirror. I think it gives it a certain vintage feel that will probably make it look great in the main bathroom of the new house since that bathroom has the old original tile and cabinets. I thought it was a great find too for only $10, I honestly thought it would have been about $30 so when I saw that the tag said $10 we knew it was meant to be.



This is a picture of the bathroom that I am planning to put the old seashell mirror in. The mirror will go on the wall where the picture of the rose with the hooks below it is currently hanging. I have yet to decide what else would really add to the room. I guess I will either figure it out after we get settled into the new house or I'll know when I find something else I really love that goes with the vintage beach look that this mirror will help add to this bathroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment