Monday, July 20, 2009

We are buying our first home


I thought it might be fun to blog about our first home. This way all of our friends and family scattered all over the place can watch and see what is happening with our new home, besides I thought it might be fun to chronicle the adventures involved in purchasing our first home as well as getting settled in and decorating the house.

We found our house the other week and went into escrow a few days after we put in our offer (we were 1 of 3 offers). Last Wednesday afternoon we had our house inspection and it went fairly well, there were only minor things found which were mostly due to the age of the house. The house was built in 1948. The master suite was added on to the house in 2003 and the whole roof was re-shingled in 2003.

The house is considerably larger than the one we are currently renting so I know that I will have some purchases as well as just decorating cut out for me in the future. Of course I will do a little at a time, starting with furniture that we are missing. We will have a dining room as well as a breakfast nook, while we have only had 1 dining area in the past so another dining table and some more chairs will be needed. Eventually I will most likely replace some of the current lighting as well, it's all very nice but simply does not go with our furniture or our personal style. We will also need to add a daybed or bed(s) to the 3rd bedroom to make room for company to sleep when they visit (other than the sleeper sofa we currently have). I'm sure over time I will realize that there are many other little things we are deficient in, like another bookcase. What can a say 2 geeks and a little geeklet in one house, there never seem to be enough bookshelves in the house.

Anyhow, here is a picture of the backyard of our beautiful new home, well provided that the appraisal goes well and nothing weird happens at closing. I will post other pictures as I discuss the various rooms and how I am considering decorating them.

No comments:

Post a Comment