Monday, October 25, 2010

Vegan chocolate chip cookies with pecans

Tonight I had a bit of a craving for cookies so I decided to make some chocolate chip cookies. They always seem to make everything better. Maybe it is that they make you think of childhood when times were simpler and a cookie really could make all your problems melt away. For me even the act of making them seems to put everything in perspective. I guess for me baking is a kind of zen like activity and when I am done there is something delicious to share with others.

My husband absolutely loved these cookies. He said they were the best chocolate chip cookies he has had in a long time, longer than he can remember. This recipe was from The 100 Best Vegan Baking Recipes: Amazing Cookies, Cakes, Muffins, Pies, Brownies and Breads by Kris Holechek which is my favorite vegan baking book and one of my favorite baking books period. I highly recommend this for anyone, vegan or not. I bought it because I have severe dairy issues and I am very glad that I did buy this book because the recipes are so good my husband doesn't request recipes outside of this book because he loves these so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment