Monday, January 11, 2010

Bottled Water


I will admit that sometimes it is really nice to have a bottle of water beside you, but I really hate to think of throwing out all of those plastic bottles. Yes, I know they can be recycled and yes I do recycle what I can, but to me that doesn't mean it's alright to discard stuff just cause it can be recycled. Recycling is the third part of Reduce-Reuse-Recycle. We should always first try to reduce what we use, then we should reuse what we can, and only after those two have been done should we recycle what is left.

For today's little project I took an old glass soda bottle with a screw on lid and cleaned it up and removed the label from it and now I have a lovely glass water bottle to keep on my night stand or on the table while we are eating our meals so that there is always water on hand to refill our glasses with. I like it so much that next time I buy soda I may keep the bottle again for keeping fresh lemonade and other good stuff in.

No comments:

Post a Comment