Friday, January 1, 2010

DIY - tiered serving tray


With one dozen cupcakes for our little New Years get together last night I was left wondering how to serve them up in style. I decided on creating my own tiered serving tray to display them, I figured that adding a little height to my cupcake display would make them look more stylish. How did I make a tiered serving tray at the last minute you may wonder. It was actually very simple. I took one full sized dinner plate placed a coffee/tea cup in the center of the plate upside down, then I placed my dessert plate on top of the coffee/tea cup as to balance the plate. Then I just added the cupcakes to the plates. Next time I do this to display my cupcakes I may try adding some museum putty to help hold all the pieces together. Of course you could get some flea market finds or even use some chipped dishes and permanently bond them together to make a tiered serving tray.

No comments:

Post a Comment