Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Master Bathroom (part 2) - vanity mirrors

I knew that I wanted new vanity mirrors because the ones in there right now aren't really our taste and they are just decorative mirrors that aren't even particularly well made and take up the entire wall above the counter top. They just feel too big to me, too overpowering especially for a room that has some really nice small details in it that lend themselves rather nicely to the feeling of an old French bathroom. So the search for new mirrors with a French antique feel to them was on.


I really wanted to find an actual antique, but being that I need two matching mirrors I didn't think that was going to be very likely to happen - especially in my price range. So I went online and searched. I found various mirrors that I thought might work. I even found wall mounted medicine cabinets that had a nice shape and feel to the mirrored front, but at about $250 a piece I just couldn't even bring myself to seriously consider them. Of course I prefer to at least start off a bit cheaper and take it from there if the cheaper option(s) doesn't work out. As far as the more affordable options go, I found these mirrors at IKEA for $29.99 which means $60 for two new vanity mirrors. I just love how they hang from the wall on a chain and ribbon, to me it gives them a bit of that old antique feel that I was hoping to find. I think the lace detailing around the edge of the mirror also lends itself to that antique look and feel that I was hoping to achieve also.

No comments:

Post a Comment